Sam’s voice: Mommy got sick, and it happened just like that. There was nothing anybody could do. It isn’t fair. There is no reason and if we start asking “why”, we’ll go crazy.
山姆的声音:妈妈病了。事情就是这样的。大家都无能为力。这不公平。没有理由。如果我们总是问“为什么”,我们就会疯了。
Greg’s wife’s voice: Five mintues in the microwave, anyone of them, five minutes and.. done, ready to eat. Do you know how to make juice.
Sam: Microwave. Five mintues.
格雷格的妻子的声音:在微波炉里加热 5 分钟,就 5 分钟,一切就都准备好了,可以吃了。你知道怎么做果汁吗?
山姆:微波炉里加热 5 分钟。
Sam’s colleague: Here, my shrink. Call him.
Sam: “Loss of Spouse Support Group”,”Chicago Cancer Family Network”,”Parents without partners”, “Partners without Parents”. Hug yourself.Hug friend, hug a shrink or work,work hard,work will save you. Work is the only thing that will see you through this. Don’t mind him, he’s jut a guy who’s lost his wife. I think what we really need is “change”.
山姆的同事:嘿,这是我心理医生的号码,给他打个电话。
山姆:“丧偶互助组”,“芝加哥癌症家属网”,“单亲家庭”,“没有父母的伴侣”,拥抱你自己,拥抱朋友,拥抱心理医生或者是工作。努力工作,只有工作才能拯救你。工作是唯一使你能够度过难关的好办法。对他别太在意,他只是刚刚失去他的妻子而已,我认为他真正需要的是 “改变”。
Sam’s colleague: Good idea. Take a couple of weeks off. Get some sun. Take Johah fishing.
Sam: No, a real change. A new city. Some place where every time I got around a corner I don’t think of Maggie.
Sam’s colleague: Where are you going to go?
Sam: I was thinking about Seattle.
山姆的同事:好主意。休息两个星期,晒晒太阳,带乔去钓钓鱼。
山姆:不,我需要的是真正的改变。到一个新的城市去,在那里,无论我走到哪一个角落都不会想起玛姬。
山姆的同事:你打算去哪里?
山姆:我在考虑“西雅图”……
Greg’s wife: Eventually, in a few months, you’ll start seeing women. You’ll meet someone.
Sam: Right,right. Move on. Right. That I’m going to do. And then, in a few months “Boom”.I’ll just grow a new heart.
Greg’s wife: Sam, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it.
Sa: I know. I know. Look, it just doesn’t happen twice.
格雷格的妻子:几个月后,你最终会结识女人的。你会碰到某个人。
山姆:是的,每错。继续前进。我就是打算这样做的。几个月之后,“轰隆”一声,我就是一个“全新的我”了。
格雷格的妻子:对不起,山姆,我不是这个意思。
山姆:我知道。我知道。看吧,再不会有第二次了。
Walter: (Wa for short) The tall one with red hair is your cousin Irene...
华尔德:(简称华)那个红头发的高个字是你的表姐艾琳……
Annie: (An for short ) You’ ll recognize her by the disappointed look on her face.
它妮(简称安):一看那愁眉苦脸的样子就知道是她。
We: ... Who is married to Harold, who ran off with his secretary.
华:她嫁给了那个带着秘书私奔的哈罗德。
An: But came back because Irene threatened to put the dog to sleep if he didn’t.
安:但是他又回来了,因为艾琳威胁说如果他不回来就把狗给弄死。
Wa: Your brother Dennis is a professor at john Hopis, who’ s married to Betsy.
华:你的兄弟丹尼斯在约翰·霍普金斯大学当教授,他娶了贝姬。
An: The most competitive woman in the world.
安:贝姬是世界上最有竞争性的女性。
Wa : I don’ t see how I’ m going to remember all this.
华:我真不知道自己怎么才能记住所有这些。
An: Oh, well, Walter, you will.
安:没事的,华尔德,你能行。
Wa: Your uncle Milton lost all of his money...
华:你的叔叔米尔顿把钱全赔了……
An: ... and some other peoples ...
安:……还害了其他人……
wa: ... in a pyramid scheme. Don’ t mention the IRS or the federal business system. Your mother Is Barbara. Your father is Cliff.
华 :……是因为传销术。别提税务局或联邦商业系统了。你妈妈是芭芭拉,你爸爸叫克里夫。
An: My father has electric trains.
安:我爸爸拥有电动火车。
Wa: Really? Am I what they had in mind?
华:真的吗?他们脑子里有我吗?
An: Oh, Walter they’ re going to love you!
安:哦,华尔德,他们会喜欢你的。
Barbara: (Ba for short) Everybody, Annie has an announcement.
芭芭拉:(简称芭)大家听着,安妮有件事要宣布。
An: Walter and I are engaged!
安:我和华尔德订婚了。
Everybody: Wa! Congratulations Walter.
众人:哇!祝贺你,华尔德。
Everybody: Bless you. Bless you. Oh, my God.
众人:保重!保重!哦,天啊!
Cliff: (C for short ) Are you all right?
克里夫:(简称克)你没事吧?
Wa: it’ s nothing, it’ s nothing.
华:没事,没事。